How Can I Have Two Gmail Accounts With The Same Phone Number?

    The question "Can I have 2 Gmail accounts with the same phone number?" is not as funny as it used to be. A few years ago, a friend asked me that same question. I looked at her and said, "Your best bet is to not give your cell phone number out online." I realize now that my answer was too tongue in cheek, but she was not able to hear the sarcasm in my response.

I recently had to change jobs and move across the country. While I had no problems with the job I left, I had a boss who was not on good terms. One day he came into my office and made it clear that he had a problem with me sleeping with any female employee. He also made it clear that he didn't like me talking to other women online or even texting his female employees. The boss had his reasons and I had to deal with it.

How could I have two Gmail accounts with the same phone number? My first thought was that I would try to create two separate Gmail accounts from my original phone number and a new cell phone number. That would not work. Google does not support that option. Buy Gmail Accounts. Even if I were able to create two accounts from the same phone number and destination, the next step would be figuring out which account to use. It makes sense that if I want to be able to access my Gmail account I should use the same email address, right?

How Can I Have Two Gmail Accounts With The Same Phone Number?


I went ahead and created two separate Gmail accounts for myself and my husband. We then both signed up for a Gmail account from our home computer. We also decided to use two distinct names for our accounts - one for my husband's account and one for mine. Buy Old Gmail Accounts. That way, when we had to find an email we could identify it as belonging to our husband, our son wouldn't get mixed up with our daughter's account. We still want to keep separate accounts, but using two different names helped us stay organized. When we need to look for an email, we can both quickly find it without thinking about which account we should use.

So, how do you have two Gmail accounts with the same phone number? You can't. The reason is that Google does not support two Gmail accounts from the same phone number. If you enter a phone number into the Gmail search box, you will only get one account - not two.

One of the biggest problems people have when they set up two separate Google accounts is that they assume everything will be ok until the inevitable happens. They may install the two Gmail accounts on their cell phones, but what happens when the phone dies or they move and forget about their Gmail account? They probably won't realize that the account was deleted until they check their recent activities. When this happens, they are left wondering about why they lost their account and can't get it back.

The solution to this problem is simple: you can only have one account with the same phone number on two different Google mail accounts. In other words, if your husband has his own phone number and Gmail account, you will have to use his phone number. Then, you can just use the Gmail account from his phone, so if he signs in from his cell phone, everything will go right away. It takes minutes, but it's totally secure.

Hopefully, this article helps you understand why you can't have two Buy Gmail accounts with the same phone number. If you still have questions, you can contact Google and ask them. Otherwise, keep looking for better solutions!


2 Comments

Previous Post Next Post